Grant Thornton -
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Financial Management Director, Business Consulting and Technology
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today so
that our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Grant Thornton’s Advisory practice creates holistic solutions
delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. Business
Consulting and Technology transforms value. Our BC&T practice consists of Financial Management, Strategy &
Performance Improvement, Technology Strategy and Management and Technology Solutions.
Compliance with constantly changing regulations requires efficient programs with the right technology and protocols in
place to complete the task at hand but and report information that is useful to the business and falls within regulatory
expectations. Our Financial Management practice can help clients remediate regulatory gaps, both process-related
and reporting, as well as design and implement sustainable models that streamline operations, comply with regulatory
requirements and meet business needs. Grant Thornton’s Advisory Services Practice seeks a Financial Management
(FM) Senior Manager responsible for assisting the team within the four quadrants of the FM umbrella of services,
including Financial Transformation, Cost and Performance Management, Financial Operations and Shared Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling,
project financials, quality review and client management
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or
other thought leadership material
- Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to
gather information and perform services
- Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to
successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
- Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
- Increasing financial performance with focus on revenue potential – business integration, referral strategy, product
- Improving core operations & customer experiences – capability assessment target operating model, Six Sigma / Lean
- Driving digital transformation – rapid prototyping, customer experience, technology & digital solution alignment, data
- Optimizing sales & service models – predictive & prescriptive sales analytics, customer segmentation, sales practice
assessment, target service model
- Reducing costs-to-serve – spending/earning trend analysis, product rationalization/pricing, cost containment strategies
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Execute on a vision for the Strategy and Performance Improvement team to effectively serve Wealth and Asset
Management businesses including service offerings, go to market strategies, team staffing and integration across BC&T
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete engagements, and other service
offerings; and manage to budget.
- Develop a project vision and set challenging personal and client service team goals.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Work with the BC&T practice teams in terms of practice directions and leadership.
- Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to implement and manage change.
- Handle day-to-day practice and client administrative matters (billing, performance reviews, client acceptance,
engagement letter preparation, etc.)
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met,
and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business improvement and process
improvement and serve as a business adviser to client.
- Work closely with partners, managers, and staff to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client
service and new business development.
- Play a key role in the future business generation and continued development of the client base within industry groups and
identify future client needs and new business opportunities.
- Use established network of business relationships within industry groups to generate new sales opportunities.
- Maintain strong client relations and cross-sell services within the assigned group of clients.
- Recruit and retain managers, senior associates, and associates.
- Coach staff and motivate others to accept new ideas, practices, or action and achieve goals and objectives for
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA preferred.
Mega-banking experience a plus
10+ years’ experience in banking and/or consulting. Finance or risk management function, data analytics a plus
Experience working in financial services in a consulting capacity. Finance focus preferred.
PMP or related certification required
Strong analytical skills coupled with ability to perform quantitative analysis and develop business cases
Process analysis, Reporting & Business Intelligence, Data Analysis & Reconciliation.
Working knowledge of Close-the-books, Chart-of-Accounts, Financial Planning, and Analysis & Financial Benchmarking
Knowledge of banking operations and related regulatory issues
Experience with development of governance, policies and procedures and reporting processes
Familiarity with regulations and a strong understanding of the banking regulatory landscape (e.g. BSA/AML/KYC, CFPB regulations, FRB regulations, Dodd-Frank, Stress Testing-DFAST/CCAR)
Candidate must be well-organized and proactive
Client engagement lead experience
Formalized opportunity pursuit experience and competitive proposal development
PMP or related certification required
PMO experience with one or more of the following:
o Finance function transformation – enterprise initiative
o Large data aggregation (Big-data) or BI initiative
Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills
Ability to work additional hours and travel to various client sites as needed
Travel 80% - 100%
Job Location: New York, Chicago, or Charlotte (national role with extensive travel)
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.3 billion and operates 58 offices across the U.S., with more than 565 partners and 8,000+ employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 036946